Welcome to the National Partnership for Careers in Law, Public Safety, Corrections and Security Career Programs
UPDATE: Please review our Workshops & National Conference (see the pull down menu) Updates for 2015
We are planning an impactful event that will provide, from around the nation, best-in class learning workshops and presenter forums, that will inform and influence your teaching strategies and alignments with key stakeholders.
Our Mission: To build and support career development programs and systems that ensure seamless transition by linking and integrating secondary and post secondary education, professional certifications, and organizational recruitment, employment, training, and retention systems.
The National Partnership continues the efforts begun in 1999, with the establishment of the National Partnership for Careers in Public Safety and Security. Initially established with funding from the U.S. Department of Justice, it now exists as a true partnership with state, local and federal public safety agencies, secondary and post-secondary education institutions and an array of professional and educational associations.
In 2004, the merger of two organizations created the National Partnership for Careers in Law, Public Safety, Corrections and Security Career Programs. The National Partnership serves as the lead organization for the Law, Public Safety, Corrections and Security Career Cluster (http://www.careertech.org/career-clusters/revisions/). This is one of the 16 Career Clusters established by the Department of Education and currently overseen by the National Association of State Directors of Career and Technical Education (www.careertech.org).
The activities of the National Partnership include:
- Building partnerships to create, improve and sustain law enforcement, fire and emergency services, corrections, security, law career programs and systems at the local, state and national levels
- Providing technical assistance and training to support partnerships in building local, state and national programs and systems
- Identifying, developing and offering courses and curriculum that can be used nationally
- Supporting, upgrading, and promoting, on a continuing basis, the use of the Career Cluster concept and the use of Cluster standards and certifications appropriately linked to current nationally recognized certifications and degree programs
- Reviewing, updating, validating and endorsing, on a continuing basis, industry and cluster standards to ensure their proper linkage to the Career Cluster Standards
- Providing career information to students, parents, job seekers, educators, counselors and a variety of life time learners
- Promoting and enhancing the image of careers in corrections, emergency services, fire services, law enforcement, corrections and security
- Emphasizing the importance of ethics, integrity and honesty in the service to the public
Any public or private national, state, or local institution, agency, association or organization that has an interest in supporting the vision, mission, and purposes. Individuals may sign up to receive information and updates.
We invite you to visit us, attend an event (link to Calendar of events) and the National Conference (link to National Conference). We are more than happy to answer any questions you may have about the Network and how you can be involved.
To be in touch with us, please mail, call, or email the Executive Director, Thomas Navickas:
National Partnership for Careers in Public Safety and Security
16238RR 620 N Ste F, box 378, Austin, TX 78717
Please get in touch to offer comments and join our mailing list.