Welcome to the National Partnership for Careers in Law, Public Safety, Corrections and Security Career Programs
August 11, 2015 - PRESS RELEASE UPDATE !
Our 2015 Conference is fast approaching.
For Conference Registration go to:
For Hotel Room Reservation go to:
- Registration Links Are Now Available for Selected Workshops, Conference, and Hotel. Please note new links for Background Information on both our ETC-1 and CPO pre-conference workshops
- Please go to Workshops & National Conference pull down menu located to the right on our home page.
- Member registration fee is $396; Non Member is $440.
- Conference registration and hotel reservation are on separate identified pull down links.
- Please note that the Oklahoma City Museum & Memorial evening event will be on Wednesday ,10/28.
16238RR 620 N Ste F, box 378, Austin, TX 78717
- ETC-1 2015 Conference Background Information-(Reference this link for specific 2015 Conference Background Information)
- Delivered by Priority Dispatch
- Registration Cost - $660
- The Certified Protection Officer (CPO) Program
- Monday,10/26 thru Tuesday,10/27.
- A nationally recognized certification program for high school and community college students
We have designed the CPO Instructor Certification Workshop for those who want to provide their students with 1) an opportunity to become Certified Protection Officers and/or 2) be introduced to the field of security as part of a law enforcement or general public safety career program. This certification is awarded by the International Foundation for Protection Officers (IFPO). Once students have passed the assessment, which is tied to the standards in the Security Pathway of the LPSCS Career Cluster, they receive their CPO certification.
This certification is used internationally and recognized by the security industry to identify those in security positions for advancement and increased pay. To be eligible to teach the certification course and use the full set of lesson plans based on the Protection Officer Manual instructors must complete two phases of the instructor certification process. First the instructor must complete and pass the CPO exam. Second, the instructor attends and completes the certification workshop.
There are two phases to the instructor certification process.
Phase I takes place prior to the Instructor Certification Workshop
a $100 fee for the CPO exams and a $30 one-year introductory IFPO membership fee
and requires the instructor to pass the CPO exam. This phase costs $130.00 but is reimbursed provided the instructor has taken the final exam prior to the workshop. The $130 total includes:
- Phase II is the instructor workshop with standard registration being $350.00
- Registration form - If you are interested in obtaining this certification please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are also tentatively planning for additional programs leading to student/teacher certifications in:
- Law & Public Safety
A Comprehensive Introductory Course to the Law, Public Safety, Corrections and Security Career Cluster
- Law Enforcement - 150 hrs specific for careers in Law Enforcement (in development)
- (NREMT) - National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians - Instructor Training - Opening Conference Session -
- CLEET Training - Council on Law Enforcement Education and Training - Tuesday 10/27. Established in 1963, the council supports Oklahoma law enforcement in serving its communities, including enhancing public safety by providing education and training which promotes professionalism and enhances competency with the ranks of Oklahoma law enforcement
- 9:00 AM - 12:00 - Hands on Presentations & Workshops in all 5 pathways presented by experts from both academic & professional leaders. Lunch will be provided.
- 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM - Lunch and Networking
- 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM - Continuation - Presentations & Workshops
- Wednesday Evening - This evening event will be presented at the Oklahoma City National Museum and Memorial Park. The event will include an evening dinner and Museum tour.
Thursday AM 10/29 8:00 AM - Tours to both state and federal institutions that provide employment and/or best in class career specific higher education specific to our career pathways.
Thursday Noon 10/29 - Lunch and Vendor Exhibits
Thursday 1:30 to 4:00 PM 10/29 - Final presentations of Conference Workshops and Conference Closing
Conference Fee: NP Members $396, Non-Members $440
Hotel & Cost: Embassy Suites Oklahoma City Downtown/Medical Center, 1st year of operation
Conference Participants Discounted Rate $94 per night plus applicable taxes, Normal Rate is $150+
Our conference updates will include specifics on conference workshop contents and presenters in addition to registration process.We look forward to a conference focused on providing information and tools that will enhance your school's career program. Come, share, and learn from your fellow teachers and practitioners from around the country.
Our Mission: To build and support career development programs and systems that ensure seamless transition by linking and integrating secondary and post secondary education, professional certifications, and organizational recruitment, employment, training, and retention systems.
The National Partnership continues the efforts begun in 1999, with the establishment of the National Partnership for Careers in Public Safety and Security. Initially established with funding from the U.S. Department of Justice, it now exists as a true partnership with state, local and federal public safety agencies, secondary and post-secondary education institutions and an array of professional and educational associations.
In 2004, the merger of two organizations created the National Partnership for Careers in Law, Public Safety, Corrections and Security Career Programs. The National Partnership serves as the lead organization for the Law, Public Safety, Corrections and Security Career Cluster (http://www.careertech.org/career-clusters/revisions/). This is one of the 16 Career Clusters established by the Department of Education and currently overseen by the National Association of State Directors of Career and Technical Education (www.careertech.org).
The activities of the National Partnership include:
- Building partnerships to create, improve and sustain law enforcement, fire and emergency services, corrections, security, law career programs and systems at the local, state and national levels
- Providing technical assistance and training to support partnerships in building local, state and national programs and systems
- Identifying, developing and offering courses and curriculum that can be used nationally
- Supporting, upgrading, and promoting, on a continuing basis, the use of the Career Cluster concept and the use of Cluster standards and certifications appropriately linked to current nationally recognized certifications and degree programs
- Reviewing, updating, validating and endorsing, on a continuing basis, industry and cluster standards to ensure their proper linkage to the Career Cluster Standards
- Providing career information to students, parents, job seekers, educators, counselors and a variety of life time learners
- Promoting and enhancing the image of careers in corrections, emergency services, fire services, law enforcement, corrections and security
- Emphasizing the importance of ethics, integrity and honesty in the service to the public
Any public or private national, state, or local institution, agency, association or organization that has an interest in supporting the vision, mission, and purposes. Individuals may sign up to receive information and updates.
We invite you to visit us, attend an event (link to Calendar of events) and the National Conference (link to National Conference). We are more than happy to answer any questions you may have about the Network and how you can be involved.
To be in touch with us, please mail, call, or email the Executive Director, Thomas Navickas:
National Partnership for Careers in Public Safety and Security
16238RR 620 N Ste F, box 378, Austin, TX 78717
Please get in touch to offer comments and join our mailing list.